Saturday 24 July 2010

New Product Line... SEWN items! :-)

Over the past few weeks, I have dropped hints that I have a new venture in mind. I love exploring new avenues which are under the umbrella of handcrafting, although I do draw the line at jewellery making, beading and drawing. I know my limits! :-) Fibres and textiles are great companions and I think sometimes it is inevitable that if you learn one craft, you soon learn the other. I studied fashion and fabrics when I was younger, and well, with a crafting mum, it was fate that I would soon pick up the tools myself! So, I thought I'd use those skills I learnt to expand my inventory.

So, without further ado, I introduce to you, a sample of my new avenue. For now, I will be making things for dolls, but perhaps in the future I will make things for real people too! This is just a sample I made this morning, which is really just to show you what my hands can do with fabric, thread, a pair of scissors and a sewing machine. This little pinny dress is called the Plaid and Petals Pinny Dress. I have a 'theme' in mind, which I will reveal over the next few weeks on my page and blog, so stay with me and you'll find out! :-) I know there are loads of people making wonderful doll clothing, so I aim to make mine a little bit different. Can't wait to show you when it's officially launched!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Valerie. I really appreciate your appreciation. It means a lot! Hope you're having a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete