Saturday 31 July 2010

Rainy days don't get me down, they get me busy...

This past week went by so quickly. It has been so busy! I had quite a few custom orders that needed to be completed so I focused on those. I have lots of ideas for new projects but I wanted to get started on those after I had sent out the other orders.

So, what do I have coming up? More tea cosies, for a start! I currently have 3 new ideas which I am working on. Two of them are more or less additions to my previous collections (fruit cosies), but in different colours or with a different slant. The third one? Well, it even surprised me when I thought of it! I asked myself why I hadn't thought of it before! Lol.. Well, that's how it goes sometimes, right? I was in a yarn shop, actually looking for fabrics, and I spotted a ball of yarn which looked so inviting. So, I picked it up and thought to myself, you'd look good as an [animal] tea cosy! (Not saying which animal yet..I want it to be a surprise!). So, later that day, I asked on Facebook which end of the animal should the tea come out of. I didn't want to offend anyone by making them drink tea coming out of the animal's backside! But, at the same time, I was hoping someone would see the humour in it and, lucky for me, someone did! So I have decided to make 2, one with the tea coming out of the mouth and the other coming out of the back.

The other update is that I sold my first doll's dress a couple of days ago, which I am REALLY excited about! Yay! So, yesterday, I bought new fabric for dolls' clothes. So, that's something to look forward to! For now, I will upload them only once they are completed so that they are all ready to go.

I am also working on 'special' cuddle sacks. That's all I am going to say for now!

A lot of my items were featured in several Etsy treasuries. Thank you so much to the curators! :-) I have posted details on the 'Featured on' page and on my Facebook page.

I am going to post a very late Friday food recipe either today or tomorrow. It's for a Spicy Lentil Soup, which I absolutely adore. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to make and it tastes so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment