What you need:
- Bananas - 1 banana per person. It's best to use bananas which are just ripe, not over-ripe ones.
- Decicated coconut - 2 tbs per banana
- Honey - 2 tbs per banana
- Natural Greek-style yogurt
What you do:
- Put the honey in a pan and heat over moderate heat until it starts to bubble. Increase the temperature at this point.
- Cut the bananas in half length-wise.
- Place the bananas in the pan, with the cut side facing down.
- Fry the banana over high heat in the honey. This is to caramelise them. If you cook them over low heat they will merely absorb the honey and become soggy.
- Once a crispy honey crust forms on the cut side of the banana, turn and fry the other side, again on high heat. Be very careful and watch closely as the honey can easily get burnt, which you want to avoid.
- Once the whole banana is caramelised, remove from the heat.
- Coat each banana half in the coconut and plate immediately, placing them attractively on the plate.
- Put a generous dollop of yogurt on top the bananas.
- Drizzle a bit of honey over the yogurt and bananas.